The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Impact Investing: The Trillion Dollar Investment Opportunity
March 25, 2012
If you are familiar with Boardwalk Capital, then you know that our firm provides a different type of investment management. We focus on sustainable investing -- building investment strategies from what may be called "exemplary corporate citizens". That's usually just part of the story. To create a full sustainable portfolio, however, we bring in other asset types such as bonds, commodities, and specialty equity investments -- all with an overarching theme of responsible and profitable investing. Within the "specialty" category, one finds what are now called Impact Investments -- companies organized to meet a societal need and turn a profit while doing so. It...Read Full Article...
Vanguard's John Bogle -- At It Again... "A Tax Break for Gambling?"
February 17, 2012
John Bogle, the esteemed founder of the Vanguard Group, has probably done more to save investors money than any individual on the planet. So when he advocates raising taxes, folks tend to notice. His core philosophy has always been at odds with the investment management industry -- identifying that most active managers fail to beat their benchmarks, net of fees. His relentless pressure on the industry to lower fees has not made him many friends, so his most recent remarks should come as no surprise. In a recent interview with Bloomberg Television, Mr. Vogle argued for capital gains to be...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Vanguard's John Bogle -- At It Again... "A Tax Break for Gambling?" 02.17.12 Read...
- Impact Investing: The Trillion Dollar Investment Opportunity 03.25.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter