The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Indexing competitive returns and a better social footprint
May 31, 2014
Fund managers have a bad rap. (I know. I managed one for seven years and played the quarterly "performance derby" just like the rest of them.) While there are certainly mutual fund managers who can outperform their benchmarks, as an industry, high costs often mean the average fund doesn't distinguish itself. And even the best managers find it nearly impossible to outperform on a consistent basis. Isn't this a self-fullfilling prophesy? I mean, how can a group of very smart people, competing within the same finite universe of investment opportunities, be better than average? It's just not mathematically possible for a group to...Read Full Article...
Finally... A 401k Plan with Social Impact Investments
May 14, 2013
401k plans are the yeomen of the investment world -- doing hard work behind the scenes with little fanfare or notice. In the best of circumstances, 401k's are practically invisible, tax-deferred and dull wealth builders. Of course, in some cases, these workhorses are neglected, improperly allocated or are poorly utilized... Their potential is wasted as they work in silence. Out of sight, out of mind... until someone decided to look under the hood... Plan participants have begun to scrutinize the holdings of their 401k mutual funds. Finding them "loaded to the gills" with the likes of BP, Halliburton, Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil, they are...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Finally... A 401k Plan with Social Impact Investments 05.14.13 Read...
- Indexing competitive returns and a better social footprint 05.31.14 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter