The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Third Quarter 2012 Review
October 06, 2012
The Third Quarter of 2012 saw a generally robust rebound in equity markets around the world. Easing concerns over the future of the euro currency helped European markets surge by more than 8%, emerging markets jumped by 6% and the S&P500 by more than 5%. Bond returns were modestly positive, generated largely by modest coupon income. Municipals yields declined versus US Treasury notes (and thus helping the bonds appreciating slightly in value), adding slightly to muni returns. Given that the source of new found optimism centered on Europe, it is perhaps not surprising that the hardest hit equity market sector, financials,...Read Full Article...
Dispelling Myths about Sustainable Investing
October 01, 2012
Responsible investing comes in many names and forms: Sustainable, green, ethical, responsible, social... So, it is perhaps not surprising that the public remains confused as to its effectiveness in building wealth over the long term. This article will separate misconception from reality, and show that SRI deserves consideration by serious investors. MYTH 1: Performance has been lousy. FALSE! There is no performance difference between social and traditional funds. Extensive research on social funds shows that performance is substantially the same. Studies published in the Financial Analyst Journal and by other groups have proved the point that SRI funds should be viewed...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Dispelling Myths about Sustainable Investing 10.01.12 Read...
- Third Quarter 2012 Review 10.06.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter