The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
First Quarter Review and Outlook
April 21, 2013
U.S. stocks posted robust gains in the first quarter, with large caps returning 11 percent, beating both developed international (+4%) and emerging markets stocks (-4%). Bonds were lackluster, posting flat total returns as modest coupon interest was offest by a small increase in market interest rates (causing a drop in values). In 2012 and early 2013, an accommodative Federal Reserve combined with an improving U.S. economy to push domestic shares higher. While unemployment is falling only slowly, construction fundamentals have rebounded sharply. Home prices have been rising, and corporate earnings and profitability are near record highs. This was a good recipe for stocks, but caused a little consternation...Read Full Article...
Third Quarter 2012 Review
October 06, 2012
The Third Quarter of 2012 saw a generally robust rebound in equity markets around the world. Easing concerns over the future of the euro currency helped European markets surge by more than 8%, emerging markets jumped by 6% and the S&P500 by more than 5%. Bond returns were modestly positive, generated largely by modest coupon income. Municipals yields declined versus US Treasury notes (and thus helping the bonds appreciating slightly in value), adding slightly to muni returns. Given that the source of new found optimism centered on Europe, it is perhaps not surprising that the hardest hit equity market sector, financials,...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Third Quarter 2012 Review 10.06.12 Read...
- First Quarter Review and Outlook 04.21.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter