The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
New Climate Action May Impact Dividend Growth
June 29, 2012
Out-of-control firestorms in Colorado and 100-degree heat index in the nation's capital served as an apt backdrop for an important court ruling on climate risk. Earlier this week, the U.S. The three-judge panel unanimously agreed with the Environmental Protection Agency's finding that carbon dioxide is a...Read Full Article...
Impact Investing: The Trillion Dollar Investment Opportunity
March 25, 2012
If you are familiar with Boardwalk Capital, then you know that our firm provides a different type of investment management. We focus on sustainable investing -- building investment strategies from what may be called "exemplary corporate citizens". That's usually just part of the story. To create a full sustainable portfolio, however, we bring in other asset types such as bonds, commodities, and specialty equity investments -- all with an overarching theme of responsible and profitable investing. Within the "specialty" category, one finds what are now called Impact Investments -- companies organized to meet a societal need and turn a profit while doing so. It...Read Full Article...
Why the World's Largest Investors are Embracing Sustainable and Responsible Investing
March 22, 2012
Pension plans, college endowments and charitable organizations are some of the largest and most astute investors in the world. As individuals, should we take lessons from their actions? In recent years, institutions who manage trillions of dollars have begun to take a new approach to investing. They have determined that resource scarcity, climate change, activist consumers and even the speed of social media have changed the investment landscape. Company reputations are damaged in an instant, and billions of dollars can be wiped away by reckless actions. These institutional investors are increasingly employing a "Sustainable and Responsible Investment" model to help them...Read Full Article...
Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank
February 28, 2012
One never knows where they will find evidence of good corporate citizenship, operational excellence and environmental stewardship. This time, it's the lawyers... Law.com/Corporate Counsel magazine recently interviewed several corporate attorneys at Intel, revealing much about the depth and breadth of the sustainability programs at the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductor chips. For starters, the firm has invested more than $45 million in more than 1,500 energy efficiency and resource conservation projects since 2001. These efforts have saved more than 790 million kilowatt hours of energy, reducing energy costs by an average of approximately $23 million per year. Not a bad...Read Full Article...
Lighting Retrofits: Low Hanging Fruit
February 18, 2012
For some time now, we have been hearing a politically-charged and nonsensical debate in Washington over new standards for light bulb efficiency. These standards while new, completely follow past precident to advance the industry and improve efficiency while giving manufacturers clarity from which to make investment decisions. Less interesting to many, but more impactful to companies and to society, are the efficiency gains that are being realized every day through lighting retrofits. The cost savings are often staggering. Kenco, a Chattanooga-based logistics and warehouse operator, recently disclosed a sizable project to replace lighting in two of its warehouses in Tennessee....Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- 15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit 02.17.12 Read...
- Lighting Retrofits: Low Hanging Fruit 02.18.12 Read...
- Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank 02.28.12 Read...
- Impact Investing: The Trillion Dollar Investment Opportunity 03.25.12 Read...
- Why the World's Largest Investors are Embracing Sustainable and Responsible Investing 03.22.12 Read...
- New Climate Action May Impact Dividend Growth 06.29.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter