The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
To Divest, or Not to Divest... That is the (new) question.
May 14, 2013
Investors are increasingly asking that question. You know the one that should be never raised at cocktail parties: "Should I invest in companies that I know are wrecking the planet?" In simpler times, "serious investors" didn't worry with the social aspects of investing in tobacco or alcohol or defense contractors. Our pragmatism stated that legal products were acceptable investments in a free society. That was prior to our knowledge of climate science... before the flooding of Pacific islands and Alaskan coastal towns... and well in advance of breaching 400ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere -- a level not seen in the totality of...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- To Divest, or Not to Divest... That is the (new) question. 05.14.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter