The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Draghi Gets Some Religion; Europe, a Reprieve?
November 21, 2014
With the Eurozone economies skidding toward zero percent economic growth (or worse), investors got a reprieve this week: Evidence that the eternal inflation hawk, the Bundesbank, was no longer driving European monetary policy. Since the hyperinflation era after WW2, Germany has employed a strict monetary policy that made the (former) Deutschemark, one of the world's most stable currencies. German adherence to this policy, and some would say its obsession with inflation, was fine when Germany was a stand-alone nation. But when its authority dominated Eurozone policies, many questioned whether its strict precepts weren't actually driving many European nations into recession/depression. This week, Mario...Read Full Article...
Market Update: Second Quarter 2013
July 07, 2013
Spooked by the prospect of tighter monetary policy, investors began selling stocks and bonds, both at home and abroad, as the second quarter came to a close. Volatility spiked, as did Treasury bond yields, with the 10-year Treasury ended the quarter yielding 2.52% -- a level not seen in more than a year. In June, US stocks posted their first monthly decline of the year, ending an amazing winning streak. FIXED INCOME: While bond investors have every right to be concerned about the Fed's activities, they also need to recall that fixed income rates have been below the rate of inflation...Read Full Article...
A New Year, New Taxes and New Challenges
January 22, 2013
After a robust year when both stocks and bonds around the world posted gains, investors are left to ponder the outlook for continued appreciation. We offer a few comments and observations. Cheap money forced some tough choices. Income-oriented investors were forced to make tough calls in 2012. With US Treasury note yields approaching zero, investors found their way to high yield bonds and dividend paying equities, increasing their risk to maintain their income stream. They were rewarded with income and appreciation in most cases, but with credit spreads far lower than their historical average, bond investors are extending risk beyond what they...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- A New Year, New Taxes and New Challenges 01.22.13 Read...
- Market Update: Second Quarter 2013 07.07.13 Read...
- Draghi Gets Some Religion; Europe, a Reprieve? 11.21.14 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter