The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
US Stocks: Where are we now?
December 01, 2013
With the Dow Industrials and S&P500 making all time highs, and with the NASDAQ at a 13-year high, investors are right to question whether or not this bull market "still has legs". Perhaps it's not so surprising that Wall Street strategists and fund managers are divided on the outlook. Below, we summarize some thoughts from noteworthy commentators, while adding our own observations. Keep this fact in mind: It's the valution of the market that matters. Not the index level. Since 1900, the S&P 500 Index has been within 5% of its prior peak almost half the time. We're always wondering if the...Read Full Article...
Reconciling a Dow 20,000 target with an overbought market
August 18, 2013
The Business Insider website ran two articles this week that seem to be in conflict. But perhaps they are not so at odds with one another… Link: Dow 20000 is Likely to Happen Sooner Than You Think The folks at AllianceBernstein investments issued a report this week, reiterating their projection for the Dow Jones Industrial Average to hit 20,000 by 2018. Let that sink in for a second. Is that likely, or is it just hype? As you will read in the attached article, these are hardly heroic predictions. Yes, it will be a bumpy ride, but DOW 20,000 in five years amounts...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Reconciling a Dow 20,000 target with an overbought market 08.18.13 Read...
- US Stocks: Where are we now? 12.01.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter