The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
At the Intersection of Work and Purpose
October 13, 2014
"Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good really is good for business." Sir Richard Branson -- CEO, Virgin Group in his book Screw Business As Usual Sir Richard Branson has always been a highly quotable CEO, and the quote at the top of this page is among my favorites. It highlights the transition that we are all experiencing: That "purpose" (i.e., doing good) is now a critical part of business success. Customers demand it. Employees are attracted to it. And investors increasingly embrace it.Generational change...Read Full Article...
Sustainability Leaders Bring Their Best to SI13 Conference in Atlanta
November 20, 2013
On November 18, nearly 100 local business professionals, consultants and sustainability experts met in Midtown Atlanta, Georgia for the Second Annual Sustainability Interactive! Conference. Few participants left without being impressed by the unique insights and top-level networking at this convention of leading experts and practitioners. Attendees not only met face-to-face with Sustainability Directors from some of the nation's top companies and universities. They also were treated to presentations by two leading branding and innovation consultants -- Udaiyan "UJ" Jatar. CEO of Blue Earth Networks and Dr. Steven Olson from the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. Both presenters focused...Read Full Article...
A New Ranking Tool on BoardwalkCM.com
August 30, 2013
Earlier this month, we added a new tool to the BoardwalkCM.com website. This tool permits any investor to score their portfolio companies on a range of sustainability factors. All they need to do is type in the company name. This new tool is powered by CSRHub, the world's largest database of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) data. CSRHub draws on more than 270 data sources to rank more than 7400 companies across 135 industries in 96 countries. Investors are now empowered to compare companies on environmental, social and governance factors. And while this isn't the entire picture, by any means, it sure...Read Full Article...
Boardwalk Capital: The World's Newest "Certified B Corporation"
March 21, 2013
We are pleased to announce that this week, Boardwalk Capital was the first investment management firm in the Southeast to be named a "Certified B Corporation". Never heard of a B Corp? Soon, you will. The "B" stands for "Benefit", and this community will change the way business is done. At their core, all B Corps believe they can use the power of business to solve environmental and social problems. They seek to do business differently. To accomplish this, and cut through the noise and clutter, B Corps are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability,...Read Full Article...
How Finance Can Move the Needle on Environmental and Social Issues: A Presentation to Cobb Alliance for Clean Energy
February 16, 2013
How Finance Can Move the Needle Speech to the Cobb Alliance for Smart Energy (CASE) -- February 12, 2013 I am delighted to speak with your group tonight, focusing on how the finance can help to move the needle on environmental and social issues. First of all, in the interest of full disclosure, our business isn’t solely environmentally focused. We recognize that people have a wide array of personal values, and most folks don’t know how to reflect those values in their financial activities. So, while your main concern might be climate change, another’s could be animal welfare, and yet another is...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Wanna See What "Serious About Sustainability" Looks Like? 05.15.12 Read...
- Managing the Unmeasurable -- Where are My Risks? 06.28.12 Read...
- 3 Characteristics Of Responsible Corporate Citizens 06.29.12 Read...
- The Atlantan magazine article: "Green Peace" 07.15.12 Read...
- The Investment Case for Good Corporate Citizenship 09.20.12 Read...
- Dispelling Myths about Sustainable Investing 10.01.12 Read...
- Thoughts from Sustainability Interactive -- It's about the bottom line 11.17.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter