The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Divestment: Investors put their money where their mouth is.
March 11, 2014
“The looming choice may be either stranding those assets or stranding the planet.” OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurria The drumbeat for "divestment" continues to grow louder. And Boardwalk Capital is seeing new client demand for fossil-free portfolios. This movement isn't on the fringes any more... The problem for investors is complex but straightforward. Current global fossil fuel reserves, if extracted and burnt, would release far more greenhouse gas emissions than is compatible with meeting the internationally agreed limit of no more than two degrees of global warming. Defining risk. Aligning values: Investors around the world, from non-profits to universities, from individuals to governments, are starting...Read Full Article...
Introducing Two New Sustainable Indexes: Global Sustainability 100 and Low Carbon 50
May 22, 2013
This week, Boardwalk Capital is proud to announce two new sustainability indexes designed for specific investor needs. The Boardwalk Global Sustainability 100 Index (BGS100) is a highly diversified representation of the world's sustainability leaders. This index serves as the basis for future customization to meet industry exclusion criteria specified by institutional or individual clients. The BSG100 Index is designed to have industry and country weights that closely follow the MSCI All Country World Index, one of the most widely referenced global equity indices. The Low Carbon 50 Index (LC50) is unique in that it is based on the MSCI All Country World Index,...Read Full Article...
To Divest, or Not to Divest... That is the (new) question.
May 14, 2013
Investors are increasingly asking that question. You know the one that should be never raised at cocktail parties: "Should I invest in companies that I know are wrecking the planet?" In simpler times, "serious investors" didn't worry with the social aspects of investing in tobacco or alcohol or defense contractors. Our pragmatism stated that legal products were acceptable investments in a free society. That was prior to our knowledge of climate science... before the flooding of Pacific islands and Alaskan coastal towns... and well in advance of breaching 400ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere -- a level not seen in the totality of...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- To Divest, or Not to Divest... That is the (new) question. 05.14.13 Read...
- Introducing Two New Sustainable Indexes: Global Sustainability 100 and Low Carbon 50 05.22.13 Read...
- Divestment: Investors put their money where their mouth is. 03.11.14 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter