The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Your money and your brand
June 01, 2015
Last week, I had the distinct pleasure of speaking with members of the Independent Business Advisers of North America (IBANA). And while I guessed that perhaps someone cancelled as the date approached (!), I still enjoyed having the opportunity to converse with a room full of savvy business analysts. It's hard to BS folks whose job it is to know "business". My topic for the day was "Unleash the 95%"; the title referring to the requirement that foundations annually distribute 5% of their assets. (What happens to the 95% that they retain? That is the question.) First, I wasn't picking on foundations. Not at all! In fact, I...Read Full Article...
From Wall Street to SRI: Former Goldman Sachs Executive Invests in the Triple Bottom Line
December 01, 2014
(Julie Fahnestock -- 3BL Media and Just Means) - When the bottom fell out of the economy in 2008 and Scott Sadler found himself without a job, he seized the opportunity to make a shift in his career; a change he would not have considered previously. Sadler had developed a solid career in finance and had worked at the VP level with Wachovia Bank and more recently, with Goldman Sachs. But when Goldman Sachs laid off one-third of their staff in Atlanta, Sadler’s wife encouraged him to consider starting a social impact investing firm. “My wife said, “Let’s do something we’d...Read Full Article...
My Sustainability Talk with Corporate America
April 21, 2012
On Friday, I had the pleasure of addressing the Atlanta chapter of the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI) on the subject of sustainability. You may be unfamiliar with this group, or what the "Investor Relations" role actually is. Suffice it to say, these folks are a company's connection to its shareholders -- answering investor questions, providing information, etc. It is hardly glamorous work, but requires a great deal of effort, and knowledge, to do it well. Increasingly, questions come to them from investors like Boardwalk, asking about...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- My Sustainability Talk with Corporate America 04.21.12 Read...
- From Wall Street to SRI: Former Goldman Sachs Executive Invests in the Triple Bottom Line 12.01.14 Read...
- Your money and your brand 06.01.15 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter