The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
How Finance Can Move the Needle on Environmental and Social Issues: A Presentation to Cobb Alliance for Clean Energy
February 16, 2013
How Finance Can Move the Needle Speech to the Cobb Alliance for Smart Energy (CASE) -- February 12, 2013 I am delighted to speak with your group tonight, focusing on how the finance can help to move the needle on environmental and social issues. First of all, in the interest of full disclosure, our business isn’t solely environmentally focused. We recognize that people have a wide array of personal values, and most folks don’t know how to reflect those values in their financial activities. So, while your main concern might be climate change, another’s could be animal welfare, and yet another is...Read Full Article...
15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit
February 17, 2012
In a recent letter to Congress, fifteen of the country's largest consumers of alternative energy, including Starbucks, Yahoo! and Campbell's Soup, voiced their support for renewing the Production Tax Credit, (PTC) set to expire in December 2012. The letter states that the "PTC has enabled the industry to slash wind energy costs by some 90% since 1980..." Forbes magazine states that wind now supplies over 3% of US demand and accounts for 35% of new power capacity installed in the last four years. In the seven years that the PTC has been continuously in place, installed wind capacity has grown...Read Full Article...
Apple Takes It Up a Notch
February 14, 2012
Investor and consumer pressure can move mountains. Finally, Apple has agreed to take a hard look at the working conditions in its factories around the world. Apple Inc., now the world's largest company by market value, has dazzled consumers by essentially reinventing how we buy music, how we use our phones and how we access the web. The company has similarly dazzled investors with a share price that seems impervious to global economic challenges and bear markets. For responsible investors, Apple has been a conundrum: Environmentally conscious but practically devoid of philanthropic activity. Meticulously managed by a visionary leader but with...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Apple Takes It Up a Notch 02.14.12 Read...
- 15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit 02.17.12 Read...
- How Finance Can Move the Needle on Environmental and Social Issues: A Presentation to Cobb Alliance for Clean Energy 02.16.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter