The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Another Showcase of Why Sustainability Matters
June 15, 2016
On Monday evening, Boardwalk Capital Management teamed up with the Green Chamber of the South for the Fourth Annual Sustainability Interactive conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Dozens of corporate, collegiate and governmental sustainability officers where present, sharing their most recent initiatives with well over 100 other attendees. We were delighted to welcome sustainability experts from across the region. All who were present were treated to stimulating presentations by two of the most accomplished professionals in sustainability: Bill Strang, President of Operations for TOTO Americas and Jim Hartzfeld, presently consulting with the UN Global Compact and the former VP of Sustainable Strategy for Interface,...Read Full Article...
Own The Toll Booth: Opportunities in Renewable Energy
July 01, 2015
I admit it. I have a difficult time telling people that they shouldn't invest in renewable energy projects. If they have a long time horizon (these are infrastructure investments, after all), there's much to applaud. -- Why wouldn't they want such stable and substantial (8-10%) cash flows to underpin their portfolio? -- Why wouldn't they want the 30% Federal investment tax credits to offset their other gains, or to deliver future tax-free income? -- Why wouldn't they want to be part of the solution to global climate, geopolitical and energy issues? Technology risk? Nonsense. These facilities use technology to be more efficient. They don't try to be the...Read Full Article...
Your money and your brand
June 01, 2015
Last week, I had the distinct pleasure of speaking with members of the Independent Business Advisers of North America (IBANA). And while I guessed that perhaps someone cancelled as the date approached (!), I still enjoyed having the opportunity to converse with a room full of savvy business analysts. It's hard to BS folks whose job it is to know "business". My topic for the day was "Unleash the 95%"; the title referring to the requirement that foundations annually distribute 5% of their assets. (What happens to the 95% that they retain? That is the question.) First, I wasn't picking on foundations. Not at all! In fact, I...Read Full Article...
Why Investing is Like Getting an MRI
April 09, 2015
It's much less challenging to manage client investment accounts when most of the corporate earnings and economic news are good. But there is an old saying that goes something like this: "Don't confuse brains with a bull market." The markets giveth. The markets taketh away. Surely, more often than not, investing in equities has been a profitable exercise. The problem resides in the years when it has not. Sometimes those are really bad experiences that seem to last forever. Like being inside an MRI machine... Scary. Noisy. Claustrophobic. With no communication. And you've been told not to move. (Or Heaven forbid, you moved...Read Full Article...
Sustainability Interactive conference -- Video
February 18, 2015
https://vimeo.com/119806316Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Apple Takes It Up a Notch 02.14.12 Read...
- The Dollar Payoff from CSR and Sustainability 01.18.12 Read...
- A Slowly Boiling Frog -- Investor Summit on Climate Risk 01.15.12 Read...
- Vanguard's John Bogle -- At It Again... "A Tax Break for Gambling?" 02.17.12 Read...
- 15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit 02.17.12 Read...
- Companies are Climate Change Believers (even when politicians are not) 03.15.12 Read...
- Lighting Retrofits: Low Hanging Fruit 02.18.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter