The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Sustainability Interactive conference -- Video
February 18, 2015
https://vimeo.com/119806316Read Full Article...
From Wall Street to SRI: Former Goldman Sachs Executive Invests in the Triple Bottom Line
December 01, 2014
(Julie Fahnestock -- 3BL Media and Just Means) - When the bottom fell out of the economy in 2008 and Scott Sadler found himself without a job, he seized the opportunity to make a shift in his career; a change he would not have considered previously. Sadler had developed a solid career in finance and had worked at the VP level with Wachovia Bank and more recently, with Goldman Sachs. But when Goldman Sachs laid off one-third of their staff in Atlanta, Sadler’s wife encouraged him to consider starting a social impact investing firm. “My wife said, “Let’s do something we’d...Read Full Article...
Third Quarter Market Commentary -- Chaos at Quarter's End
October 01, 2013
We are again fortunate to report that while the third quarter was a volatile one, stocks ended higher than where they started. Overseas shares did better than domestic ones for the first time in quite awhile. And while emerging market stocks were as usual, the most volatile, they too ended the quarter with better returns than the S&P500. The diversification that we have implemented in client accounts is now not only a risk management exercise, it is also adding to returns. Over the long term, availing ourselves of a broader range of opportunities should pay financial dividends. Bonds, meanwhile, have had...Read Full Article...
Boardwalk Capital: The World's Newest "Certified B Corporation"
March 21, 2013
We are pleased to announce that this week, Boardwalk Capital was the first investment management firm in the Southeast to be named a "Certified B Corporation". Never heard of a B Corp? Soon, you will. The "B" stands for "Benefit", and this community will change the way business is done. At their core, all B Corps believe they can use the power of business to solve environmental and social problems. They seek to do business differently. To accomplish this, and cut through the noise and clutter, B Corps are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability,...Read Full Article...
WSJ profile of Boardwalk Capital: 'Sustainable' Investment Firm Has Its Work Cut Out
January 30, 2013
WSJ profile of Boardwalk Capital : 'Sustainable' Investment Firm Has Its Work Cut Out by Thomas Coyle Boardwalk Capital Management's focus on "sustainable and responsible" investing is the future, owner Scott Sadler believes. Now it's a matter of convincing clients, one at a time. The Atlanta-based investment adviser often encounters prospects who are skeptical of its nontraditional approach. "It's a conservative area in some respects," Mr. Sadler explains."People here are charitable, they're generous, but they don't necessarily make the connection between that and the idea you can get the same sort of return from sustainable and responsible investing as you can get from...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Apple Takes It Up a Notch 02.14.12 Read...
- 15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit 02.17.12 Read...
- Boardwalk Portfolios: Top Rankings for Ethics and Climate 04.29.12 Read...
- The Atlantan magazine article: "Green Peace" 07.15.12 Read...
- WSJ profile of Boardwalk Capital: 'Sustainable' Investment Firm Has Its Work Cut Out 01.30.13 Read...
- Boardwalk Capital: The World's Newest "Certified B Corporation" 03.21.13 Read...
- Third Quarter Market Commentary -- Chaos at Quarter's End 10.01.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter