The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
The Atlantan magazine article: "Green Peace"
July 15, 2012
Read Full Article...
Boardwalk Portfolios: Top Rankings for Ethics and Climate
April 29, 2012
Last month, global watchdog Ethisphere released its World's Most Ethical Companies list. This week research firm Maplecroft disclosed its Climate Innovation Index. In both cases, Boardwalk's model portfolio holdings were well represented. Among those considered most ethical, General Electric and Starbucks have made the grade for all six years of the study's existence. UPS, Cisco, Intel, Alcoa, and Pepsico were also among the domestic honorees in our models, while Accenture (Ireland), National Grid (UK) and Westpac Banking (Australia) were among the foreign holdings recognized. The Carbon Innovation Index recognizes companies who "successfully innovate and manage climate-related opportunities and risks and...Read Full Article...
15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit
February 17, 2012
In a recent letter to Congress, fifteen of the country's largest consumers of alternative energy, including Starbucks, Yahoo! and Campbell's Soup, voiced their support for renewing the Production Tax Credit, (PTC) set to expire in December 2012. The letter states that the "PTC has enabled the industry to slash wind energy costs by some 90% since 1980..." Forbes magazine states that wind now supplies over 3% of US demand and accounts for 35% of new power capacity installed in the last four years. In the seven years that the PTC has been continuously in place, installed wind capacity has grown...Read Full Article...
Apple Takes It Up a Notch
February 14, 2012
Investor and consumer pressure can move mountains. Finally, Apple has agreed to take a hard look at the working conditions in its factories around the world. Apple Inc., now the world's largest company by market value, has dazzled consumers by essentially reinventing how we buy music, how we use our phones and how we access the web. The company has similarly dazzled investors with a share price that seems impervious to global economic challenges and bear markets. For responsible investors, Apple has been a conundrum: Environmentally conscious but practically devoid of philanthropic activity. Meticulously managed by a visionary leader but with...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Apple Takes It Up a Notch 02.14.12 Read...
- 15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit 02.17.12 Read...
- Boardwalk Portfolios: Top Rankings for Ethics and Climate 04.29.12 Read...
- The Atlantan magazine article: "Green Peace" 07.15.12 Read...
- WSJ profile of Boardwalk Capital: 'Sustainable' Investment Firm Has Its Work Cut Out 01.30.13 Read...
- Boardwalk Capital: The World's Newest "Certified B Corporation" 03.21.13 Read...
- Third Quarter Market Commentary -- Chaos at Quarter's End 10.01.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter